Accredited Practicing Dietitian is the gold standard title for dietitians in Australia. Accredited Practicing Dietitians spend a minimum of 5 years at university to become the experts in all things food, nutrition and how to treat many health conditions.
Dietitians understand how foods and drinks can help individuals and to work with those with medical conditions that are affected by nutrition and can be improved and treated through dietary change. The role of a dietitian is versatile! Dietitians can use their knowledge to work in research and teaching, hospitals, public health and community nutrition, food industry quality and nutrition coordinators, media spokespeople and nutrition marketing and communications (just to label a few!). Dietitians provide expert nutrition advice for people of all ages and prescribe dietary treatments for many conditions including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, food allergies/intolerances, cancers, gastro-intestinal diseases, malnutrition, and more! Dietitians will rarely write whole meal plans for their clients but instead, will make small achievable changes, in line with client goals, that they can easily incorporate into their everyday routine.
At Physimed Health, our in house dietician, Bianca, specializes in the following conditions:
- Women’s Health (pregnancy, gestational diabetes, adenomyosis, and endometriosis)
- Cardiovascular health (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, post heart attack)
- Diabetes (Type 1 and 2)
- Gastrointestinal disturbances (Irritable Bowel, diverticular disease) or inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohns, Ulcerative Collitis)
- Pain Management (Arthritis, Fibromyalgia etc)
- Weight Management/Healthy Eating (muscle gain, general weight gain and loss)